Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Reasons to Embrace the Approaching Fall

Although Chicago has been suffering through summer's impostor, there is light at the end of the tunnel. With Fall rapidly approaching, that only means three very satisfying things. First, Pumpkin Spiced Lattes are back at Starbucks starting today, September 1st. I am %100 addicted to this legal crack that sells for $4. The Pumpkin Spiced Lattes are savory and sweet and will brighten up any grey depressing day. I'm seriously thinking about putting this post on hold while I run to get my first of many daily fixes.

My second favorite thing about Fall is the premiere of new prime-time TV. This Fall's TV lineup looks absolutely amaaaaazing. With the old usuals of Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, and Private Practice out of the limelight, new shows are emerging with original story lines and refreshing casts. ABC alone has 6 new shows set to premiere during the last week of September. Courtney Cox has yet another series, Cougar Town, where she plays a hot cougar on the prowl for younger hotties and Patricia Heaton returns to a dysfunctional family yet again in
The Middle. I am also interested in checking out ABC's most talked about new drama, FlashForward. FlashForward premieres Thursday Sept. 24 before Grey's Anatomy (which I'll admit I'm still gonna watch) and follows several characters lives as the entire world blacks out for 2 minutes. Looks like it is going to be a hybrid of 24 and Lost. Over on NBC, the obvious winner is still The Office, but stay tuned for the new hit of Community with E!'s The Soup's Joel McHale and is produced by the Emmy Award winning directors of Arrested Development. A show that I am going to try and get into is Fox's Glee Club which is returning for it's second season. Glee Club stars the knee-slapping funny Jane Lynch and is a comedy about a struggling high school glee club that is fighting for the spotlight against the oh-so-powerful cheerleading squad. Check out Glee Club's soundtrack on iTunes.

The third and final reason I am looking forward to Fall is the amount of fashion emerging. Although I am no fashion forward maven, I do enjoy the latest trends and fads, even if I can't always afford them. That's what Forever21 is for! Anyways, on below average cool days in Fall I will be wrapped up in a cozy scarf and my suede boots. Fall fashion is always exciting and with the recent new episodes of The Rachel Zoe show on Bravo, my wanna-be fashion forward alter ego emerges. As I said, I'm not too savvy on the fashion front, but I am looking forward to the plaid (i think it's gonna be big?) and the leather and obviously my signature black

No comments:

Post a Comment