Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Life Without Texting


If we didn't text we would be far better off for
the following reasons...
  • No more frantically searching for your phone the morning after a gloriously sloppy night out to insure that you didn't send that racy stext (photo?) to your potential love interest, ex boyfriend or current boyfriends' roommate. Please please please tell me I didn't send that.... Many relationships and dignity have been lost do to drunk texting. Don't drink and text my friends.
  • Misinterpretation of texts have gotten me in some serious binds. One wrong response and before you know it a full text message fight (TMF) has unfolded. If we stopped texting we wouldn't have to deal with page long bitch-out texts that never A. make sense or B. reiterate the point of the last text. Texting has been the biggest crutch for drama hungry people always seeking for the night fight.
  • When exchanging texts, most of the information is mindless. I am tried of the "what's up" text or "I'm bored". I am just as guilty as anyone when it comes to this, but I am really going to cut back on my texting come New Years Resolutions. Unless you or I have something meaningful or thought provoking, I am not wasting my time.
  • We would all be better drivers



Reasons why texting makes my life wonderful...


  • 85% of the things I say though texts I would never say to a person's face. And that especially includes any annoying emoticons. A person can hide behind their texts and morph into a completely different, sometimes more outgoing and flirtatious person. I'll admit my texts tend to be far off from what normally comes out of my mouth, but it's texting courage that makes it exciting.
  • Passing of time, especially at work. In some cases, like mine, I work in an environment that enables me to text as much as I please. It is cure of boredom I am convinced. Texting allows making plans easy and quick. I've already sent 5 texts since the start of this post.
  • Constant communication. It's sickening how much in-tuned everyone is with each other's lives. From exact point of location to exact place of mind, texting allows us to share every second of our lives with our friends.
  • I never thought I would say this but....I love texting my parents. Over time they have drastically improved and no longer send jumbled words or OVER USE OF CAPITALS. With my family living in all different states across the U.S. texting has become a go to way to catch up and communicate. However I could do without the plethora of lol's Mom...
We all probably text too much. Telling everyone your whereabouts and explaining your latest trip to the bathroom is all too unnecessary. It's intriguing when a person is somewhat mysterious with their life!

Talk about text obsessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment