Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Best Sandwiches


My family used to summer in Harbor Springs, MI until real life began to interfere. Harbor Springs is located at the very top of lower Michigan. One of my favorite places to eat in HS is a small deli and wine shop (similar to the LF Wine and Cheese) named Gurney's. The sandwiches are loaded with freshly sliced meat, thic
k slabs of cheese and a homemade secret deli sauce. The thick slices of soft bread complete every bite. The best thing about Gurney's is the nonchalant atmosphere and the friendliness of the local owner. While only accepting cash for payment, Gurney's has kept a loyal following. Every time I am back in Harbor Springs I can always count on the consistency of Gurney's and the delicious Trainwrek sandwich. I hope Gurney's maintains its small town authentic feel and doesn't sell out sometime down the road. Those of you lucky enough to have experienced one of these gigantic sandwiches you know what I am talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment