Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

[Not So] Funny People


My humor ego was boosted yesterday. I went to go see the new movie Funny People and left bored and with 8 dollars less in my pocket. Everyone has been talking this movie up acting like it is the new Superbad. And that's what it was-super bad. It had a handful of one-liners that got the theater laughing, but the humor was dirty and I found myself laughing only because the rest of the theater was. Adam Sandler looked like he hated acting and wanted to kill himself. Seth Rogen's teeth bothered me even more and all I could think about was the recent Entourage episode. In addition to the lack of comedy, the movie was almost 2 and 1/2 hours long. Story line was drawn out and simply boring. The only plus is that moviegoers are graced with the beauty of Eric Bana.

My advice, since you are blatantly asking, is to not see it. Wait until its on PPV and you have a boring night. Save your money!

No comments:

Post a Comment