Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Meatloaf Special

Whenever I eat out at a restaurant I typically check out what specials the place is offering. While in college my friends and I were frequently strapped for cash and always hit up the local specials of food and beer...penny beers saved me a ton of money. Anyways, the "specials" menu always looks like such a great deal, $3 pints, so many wings for so little, all you can eat blah blah blah. But unfortunately I rarely eat out on a night that is serving anything appetizing or interesting. The past 3 times I have eaten out the special has been meatloaf. Does anyone actually eat meatloaf anymore? And if people do eat it, do they actually order it at a restaurant that specializes in, let's say, Mexican cuisine or pizza??! Just the word meatloaf alone sounds unappetizing. A loaf of meat with ketchup sprinkled on top. I don't think I have had meatloaf in the past 15 years and I don't plan on eating or making it for the rest of my gourmet palette life. The texture and consistency of meatloaf is similar to a sponge...right? It's airy yet solid...is there even meat in meatloaf? I've given up on nightly specials. If anyone has had an encounter with meatloaf recently please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment