Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer Reading List

I love books. I love getting completely wrapped up in the story and not being able to set the book down. Recently, I have been sticking to light and fun beach reads that are quick and fabulous. I have a few recommendations for all of you unemployed beach and LFC bums.

1. Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah- This book was recommended to me by a friend and I encourage everyone to read it-the girls at least. It takes place beginning in the 1970's and continues to present day following two childhood best friends and all the heart ache and joy that is attached. This book actually made me cry, which is a rare occurrence.


2. Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger- This author is most famously known for her remarkable and hilarious book, The Devil Wears Prada. This juicy novel follows three best friends living in NYC during their "almost 30 years." It's an easy read and you will be able to connect with each girl's story line. I also hear Weisbergur's Everyone Worth Knowing is just as engaging and addicting, it is next on my book list.

3. True Colors by Kristin Hannah- I didn't think I was going to enjoy this book as much as Firefly Lane, but I was wrong. I am currently still reading and can not put it down! It takes place in Washington and follows a family grieving the loss of their mother. The three Grey sisters take care of their sadden father while gossip, passion, and revenge surround their lives. I haven't finished it yet, but I know it's going to have an amazing ending!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the good recommendations! I am not unemployed but I am during the summer and I love beach reads...read sTORI Telling, its good. I read it in a day!

    ReplyDelete